The Brisbane Car Dealership With A Difference
Preventative Maintenance will save you money in the long run and keeps your vehicle running smoothly in between service intervals.
Welcome to the Future of Vehicle Maintenance in Brisbane!
At our dealership, we're not just about selling cars; we're here to ensure that your vehicle stays in peak condition, providing you with a smoother, safer, and more efficient driving experience. Say goodbye to costly breakdowns and hello to preventive maintenance - the secret to saving money and preserving your vehicle's performance between those service intervals.
- Start with your tyres. They're the foundation of your car's performance. A simple weekly check of air pressure, including your spare, could save you from unexpected road surprises.
- But that's not all. The right tyre pressure doesn't just keep you safe; it also boosts fuel efficiency and extends tire life. The correct air pressure details are right in your owner's handbook or on your vehicle's type placard.
- And remember, if you ever find yourself with a flat, don't drive on it any more than necessary. Further damage to the tire and rim could be costly.
Keep an Eye Out For:
- Cord or fabric showing on your tyres.
- Tread wear down to those tell-tale tread depth indicators (just 1.5 mm left).
- Splits, cuts, slices, or cracks in the tyres tread or sidewall.
- Bumps or bulges on your tyres surface.
- Punctures from foreign objects like nails; don't try to remove them yourself.
- Oh, and don't forget to rotate your tyres regularly to maximise their life.
- A clear view of the road is crucial. Top up your washer fluids every two weeks. Check your vehicle's handbook for the right amount.
- When you turn on the air conditioning, remember it relies on engine power, which can cause a slight drop in performance and fuel efficiency. But in our Australian climate, it's often a necessity.
- So, don't forget to run your AC at least once every two weeks, even in winter, to keep those vital components lubricated. A slight hissing sound when you turn it off is normal.
- However, if it's not cooling efficiently, leave it to the experts. All air conditioning work should be done by an ARC accredited repairer.
- Keep your engine purring. Check your oil levels weekly. Make sure your engine is warm, your vehicle is on a level surface, and you give it a few minutes to settle.
- Always use the specified oil grades for top-ups as per your logbook. Stay clear of those supplemental additives; they might cost you more in the long run.
- Don't forget your engine's cooling system. Check the levels weekly and top up with the right coolant if needed. It's all in your logbook.
- But don't overdo it; there's a maximum specified level. If you find yourself constantly topping up, visit your dealer; you might have a leak.
- Your brakes are crucial. Brake fluid deteriorates over time, absorbing moisture, and heat, which can lead to contamination and corrosion.
- Regularly changing your brake fluid prevents these issues and flushes out contaminants, keeping your brakes in top shape.
Contact Us If:
- Your brake pedal feels spongy.
- The brake pedal travel has increased.
- You notice brake fluid leaking.
- Your brake fluid has an odd colour or emits a burnt odour.
- Your brakes seize or pull to one side.
- You feel pulsating vibrations when applying the brake pedal.
- You hear any abnormal grinding noise.
- Keep your vehicle aligned. It reduces fuel consumption and tire wear while improving your vehicle's handling and driveability.
Get in Touch If:
- Your steering wheel isn't centred.
- Your vehicle pulls to one side while driving.
- You spot abnormal tire wear.
- Your tires start squealing strangely during cornering.
We're not just another car dealership. We're your partner in keeping your vehicle on the road safely and efficiently. Your journey starts here, at the Brisbane Car Dealership with a Difference.